Friday, December 19, 2008

Best of 2008

And so it's that time of the year again. For some reason I found it a lot easier to choose my japanese favourites than the non-japanese ones. There's been many good non-japanese records, but recently I've found myself almost only listening to japanese artists. I think one of the reasons is that I get to see a lot of the japanese bands live all the time here. Also, I think it's more difficult to stay updated on new western music here. Another interesting thing is that I had to listen to most of the non-japanese albums so many times before I started liking them whereas for the japanese ones I almost instantly liked them. Anyways, here goes..



Best japanese albums




  • sokabe keiichi BAND - キラキラ!
  • group_inou - FAN
  • YO-MA - Sparks In Winter
  • the Novembers - picnic
  • Ogre You Asshole - しらないあいずしらせる子 (mini-album)
  • kaji hideki - Lollipop
  • PERFUME - GAME
  • キセル - Magic Hour
Best non-jap. albums


  • Wolf Parade - At Mt. Zoomer
  • Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin - Pershing
  • Okkervil River - the Stand-Ins
  • Of Montreal - Skeletal Lampin
  • Destroyer - Trouble In Dreams
  • Foals - Antidotes
  • Conor Oberst - s/t
  • Late of the Pier - Fantasy Black Channel
  • Beach House - Devotion
  • Tokyo Police Club - Elephant Shell

No comments: